Table of Contents:
- Who administers the GMAT test?
- What does the test center look like?
- Where are the test centers located?
- Test center holidays
- Top MBA programs in the area
- Test Day FAQs
About ¾ of the way through your extensive GMAT prep you should begin to start planning your test day, including scheduling the test, preparing your trip to the test center, and even pre-visiting the test center so that you know exactly where it is. This guide is here to offer you all the required information related to taking the GMAT in London.
Who Administers The GMAT in London:
Pearson Professional Centers – administers the GMAT and EA exam on behalf of the GMAC. To find out more about the Pearson Professional test centres visit: https://www.pearson.com/uk/.
What Does The Test Center Look Like?
A Pearson Professional Center will include individual testing areas for each test taker with a separation screen between each taker. Here is an example of the testing center at Holborn:
GMAT Test Locations in London?
These are the test centers in London where test-takers had the best experience in:
Pearson Professional Centres-London Holborn (central)
190 High Holborn
Directions from Central London (9 minutes):
- Head north toward Trafalgar Square/A4
- Exit the roundabout onto Trafalgar Square/A4/A400
- Continue to follow A4/A400
- Turn right onto Duncannon St/A4
- Continue to follow A4
- Keep left to continue on Kingsway/A4200
- Turn left onto High Holborn/A40
- Destination will be on the left
By Public Transit (14 minutes):
- Walk to Victoria Station and get on the underground in the direction to Victoria
- Travel 1 stop to Green Park
- Walk 1 minute to Green Park Underground Station and get on the underground in the direction of Piccadilly
- Travel 4 stops exiting at Holborn
- Walk 3 minutes west to Pearson Professional Centres-London Holborn (central)
This centre is ranked 4.5 by Google reviewers. The building has good facilities and the staff are friendly and helpful. There are lockers to store your belongings.
Pearson Professional Centres-UK Docklands
3 Quebec Wharf
14 Thomas Road
Phone: +44 300 200 1122
Directions from Central London (22 minutes):
- Take A3212, A302, Westminster Bridge Rd, Borough Rd/A3202 and Long Ln/A2198 to Bermondsey St/A2205
- Follow Bermondsey St/A2205 to Holyrood St
By Train (14 minutes):
- Walk to London Charging Cross
- Get on the Southeastern in the directo of Dover Priority and travel two stops to London Bridge.
- Walk for 7 minutes south east to Pearson Professional Centres-UK Docklands
This centre is rated a 3.8 by Google reviewers – It is a bit challenging to locate due to its understated signage. The employees are helpful but not overly friendly. Everything is explained clearly. There are free bicycle racks and lockers for you to store your belongings securely.
Alternative Options Outside the City: If you would like to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city for your exam or if test centers within the city do not have any openings, a Pearson Professional Center in Watford is a good option as it is still accessible by train and only between 25-60 minutes away depending on your transportation option.
Pearson Professional Centres-UK Watford
1st Floor, Cassiobury House
11-19 Station RD
Phone: +44 161 855 7499
Directions from Central London (55 minutes):
- Get on M1 in Brent Cross from A4201, Outer Cir, Avenue Road and A41
- Follow M1 to Stephenson Way/A4008 in Hertfordshire. Take exit 5 from M1
- Continue on Stephenson Way/A4008. Drive to Station Rd in Watford
By Train (24 minutes):
- Walk to Kings Cross Station in Euston
- Catch the west Midlands Train and travel for three stops getting off at the Watford Junction (Train leaves every 2, minutes)
- Walk 3 minutes East to the Pearson Professional Centres-UK Watford
This test centre has a 3.3 ranking on Google review – The staff can be helpful and friendly as well as unhelpful and rude. It depends on who you find on the day you test. The temperature in this facility is not well maintained and therefore on some days it can get quite hot in the testing room.
Test Centre Holidays:
The most popular times for GMAT preparation and test taking are during the holiday seasons. Be mindful of dates that you will not be able to take the GMAT or EA at any of the test centers mentioned above.
Pearson test centres are closed during the following dates:
- 1 Jan – New Year’s Day
- 2 Apr – Good Friday
- 5 Apr – Easter Monday
- 3 May – May Day
- 31 May – Late May Bank Holiday
- 30 Aug – August Bank Holiday
- 25 Dec – Christmas Day
- 26 Dec – Boxing Day
- 27 Dec – Christmas Holiday
- 28 Dec – Boxing Day Holiday
GMAT Test Dates in London
Due to the Coronavirus, all test centers in London are currently closed. If you would like to schedule a test date, you are able to do so 24 hours a day with the online GMAT exam HERE. Here is additional information about the online GMAT exam.