Table of Contents:
- Who administers the GMAT test?
- What does the test center look like?
- Where are the test centers located?
- Test center holidays
- Top MBA programs in the area
- Test Day FAQs
About ¾ of the way through your extensive GMAT prep you should begin to start planning your test day, including scheduling the test, preparing your trip to the test center, and even pre-visiting the test center so that you know exactly where it is. This guide is here to offer you all the required information related to taking the GMAT in New York.
Who administers the GMAT test?
Pearson Professional Centers – administers the GMAT and EA exam on behalf of the GMAC. To find out more about the Pearson Professional test centers visit https://www.pearson.com/us/.
What does the test center look like?
A Pearson Professional Center will include individual testing areas for each test taker with a separation screen between each test-taker.
Where are the test centers in New York?
These are the top 3 locations where test-takers generally had the best experience:[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”20px”][vc_column_text]
Pearson Professional Centers- NY (Herald Square)
31 West 34th Street
New York, New York 10001
From Central Manhattan (19 minutes):
- Head northeast on
- East Dr toward E 90th St
- Keep right to continue on Malcolm X Blvd
- Turn right onto Central Park N
- Central Park N turns right and becomes Duke Ellington Circle
- Turn right onto 5th Ave
- Turn right after Reinlieb Laurence (on the right)
- Destination will be on the left
- Should take around 22 minutes
This test center was rated 4.3 by Google reviewers. Testing stations are clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and professional. They also mentioned that the room temperature was colder than usual, so make sure to bring a sweater or jacket.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”20px”][vc_column_text]
Pearson Professional Centers-Forest Hills NY
118-35 Queens Boulevard
Suite 1260, 12th Floor
Forest Hills Tower
Forest Hills, New York 11375
From Queens Center (7 minutes):
- Get on I-495 E
- Continue on I-495 E. Take I-678 S/Van Wyck Expy to Union Tpke. Take exit 7 from I-678 S/Van Wyck Expy
- Follow Union Tpke to New York 25 Service/Queens Blvd
This test center was rated 4.3 by Google reviewers. They generally had a great test-taking experience. The staff was polite and professional and the waiting rooms were comfortable. It was also mentioned that the testing-rooms were a bit hot.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”20px”][vc_column_text]
Pearson Professional Centers-Yonkers NY
73 Market Street
Yonkers, New York 10710
From Yonkers (12 minutes):
- Head northeast toward S Broadway
- Get on Cross County Pkwy
- Continue on Cross County Pkwy. Take I-87 N to Ridge Hill Boulevard. Take exit 6A from I-87 N
- Continue on Ridge Hill Boulevard. Drive to Market Street
This test center was rated 4.5 by Google reviewers. The reviewers mentioned that the staff was helpful and polite as well as courteous. The environment was neat, clean, and professional and the building had easy access to the highway.
Test Center Holidays:
The most popular times for GMAT preparation and test-taking are during the holiday seasons. Be mindful of dates that you will not be able to take the GMAT or EA at any of the test centers mentioned above. Pearson test centers are closed during the following dates:
- 1 Jan – New Year’s Day
- 2 Apr – Good Friday
- 5 Apr – Easter Monday
- 3 May – May Day
- 31 May – Late May Bank Holiday
- 30 Aug – August Bank Holiday
- 25 Dec – Christmas Day
- 26 Dec – Boxing Day
- 27 Dec – Christmas Holiday
- 28 Dec – Boxing Day Holiday
Top MBA programs in New York
[/vc_column_text][vc_gallery type=”image_grid” images=”3019,2852,2857″][/vc_column][/vc_row]